Customer Care Advisor [Maternity Cover]
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Hours: Full-Time, Maternity Cover Contract, 12 months
Your Role on the Team:
“We pride ourselves on great customer service.”
Everyone has heard these words – they are etched on the walls and websites of pretty much every company that has ever had a customer. But as anyone who has ever tried to make an insurance claim knows: “great” customer service apparently isn’t all that great.
And that’s because it’s hard, really hard. It takes trust, humility, and the guts to put your customers before your company. It’s difficult, it’s expensive, it’s laborious. And it’s the right thing to do.
At Snakehive, we’re in the business of making people happy. We believe our customers’ lives should be that bit better after experiencing our products, our promotions, and our people.
And that’s where you come in. This is a maternity-cover opportunity working in the fast-moving, fast-changing, fast-growing Snakehive Customer Care Team. As a Snakehive Customer Care Advisor you will be responsible for bringing our customers’ voices into the room and being the front-line face of the company in all direct customer interactions. Whether it’s a phone call, email, or a slide into our Facebook DMs, you’ll be the first point of contact any time a customer has a complaint, concern or comment.
But what about you? You’re the Einstein of emotional intelligence, the Henry Ford of efficiency, and you love people more than an over-excited puppy. But above all, you’re meticulous. For you, the customer’s problem is your problem, and there’s no problem too small. You love speaking to and learning from our customers just as much as you love finding solutions and making them easy to find so there’s no need to call in the first place. Plus you’re determined, you’re resilient, and you’re effortlessly friendly. You see every angry customer simply as an opportunity to really show them how you shine. If this sounds like you then we’re excited to hear from you!
Roles & Responsibilities
Senior Customer Care Advisor
- Responsible for the smooth sailing of day-to-day customer care at Snakehive, ensuring customer issues are resolved and escalated in a timely and respectful manner
- Responsible for the execution of Snakehive’s customer care policies. And if you don’t think the policy is the right thing? No worries, you’ll help us shape them too
- Coordinate the collection of all customer care data. What’s the #1 reason for returns? Why are our phone lines so busy on a Monday? You’ll be collecting the data to help us find the answers
- Ensure the phones are answered, emails are responded to, and the chat-desk chatting, being sure to call for backup from the team when things get busy
- Work with the logistics team to process returns & correct any issues with customer orders & shipping
- Support with the implementation of new processes and technology in the Customer Care Team
- Experience in a multi-channel customer care role/s is even more desirable (e.g. not just on the shop floor, but on phones and on live chat)
- Retail or e-commerce experience is highly desired
- Experience with securely handling & collecting customer data
- Working knowledge of Zendesk, Front or a similar virtual customer care centre is desired
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Hands on experience interacting with customers and solving their problems on a daily basis in a fast-moving environment is essential for success in this role
- People skills.
- The ability to understand the subtext to what someone is saying without them saying it is absolutely critical.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- A hands-on, can-do attitude especially when the going gets tough
- A natural desire to help people and do the right thing, no matter what
- You’re a natural-born people person who relishes in the opportunity to take a customer from angry to amazed in the shortest path possible
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, while staying cool as a cucumber
- A natural team player who believes if you’re not over-communicating, you’re under-communicating
- A keen attention to detail. You spotted that typo, and you knew it was probably intentional.
- An absolute nerd for numbers. You’re not satisfied with an outcome unless you know what caused it, and can prove it with cold, hard data.
- A quick thinker who can spot problems, find solutions, and communicate them to a team within the blink of an eye
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- You relish working in a small company with a fast paced and high pressured environment and comfortable taking on lots of responsibilities
- Proactive, confident, coupled with strong verbal and written skills
- You’re personable, fun, and appreciate that being part of a team is about more than getting the job done
Work at Snakehive is guided by the mutual understanding of a common code. This code is enforced by the six core qualities that describe every member of the Snakehive team.
- Energetic - we make change happen
- Curious - we are eager to question, know and learn
- Challenging - we question ourselves and others to find a better way
- Collaborative - working together brings high performance
- Optimistic - we believe in our ability to succeed
- Innovative - we are forward-thinking and original
To apply to this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV with the subject line:
Customer Care Advisor [Maternity Cover]