Location: Dorking, Surrey, UK.
Commitment: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: CEO / Founders
SNAKEHIVE is a British brand designing phone cases and accessories for everyday life, built on thoughtful design and exceptional craftsmanship. Our products are at the heart of our business - we source, design and work with quality manufacturing partners to offer only the highest quality products to our customers.
With new challenges everyday this is an incredible opportunity to work in a fast paced ecommerce company in an exciting product area.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The aim of the Finance Manager is to oversee all the Financial and Accounting requirements of the Company.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Posting and maintaining Nominal Ledger (Sales and Purchase Ledgers) using Sage system
- Managing bank balances (incl. FX balances) to ensure optimal cash flow.
- Bank reconciliations, control accounts, bad debt provision, FX revaluation, Stock Provision, Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of Month End and Year end accounts
- Prepare the monthly management accounts.
- Cashflow and monthly forecasting
- Sales Reporting and reconciliation
- Tax and VAT; constantly developing tax and VAT policies to ensure the organisation is as efficient as possible.
- Completion of the Annual Report and Accounts, dealing with accountants/ external auditors.
- Analyse current finance processes and advise upon efficiency gains.
- Payroll supervision including Permanent and Temporary staff
- Ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely manner
- Ensuring that processes and systems enhancements are delivered consistently throughout the business
- Preparation and development of commercial financial analysis, to support the wider business
- Implement controls around, and closely manage, the day-to-day expenditure of the company
- Any other Financial/Accounting duties as required
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years of professional finance experience.
- Strong technical accounting background and experience in accounting, reporting and statutory audit.
- Experience of working in a multinational business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and track through to conclusion
- Understanding of month end close processes and reporting
- Strong financial accounting skills to oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation
- You will be skilled at balance sheet requisitions, happy dealing with invoices and be capable with currency conversions and reconciliations.
- You will be skilled at providing Management Information and Financial Accounts.
- You will be great with systems and getting the best reports from them.
- You enjoy working independently and enjoy taking the role on from top to bottom
- You will have a good understanding of VAT
- Proficient in using Sage and Microsoft Office e.g. Word & Excel
- Hands-on can-do approach
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Able to prioritise and identify solutions in timely manner
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Relish working in a small company with a fast paced environment
- Proactive, confident, coupled with strong verbal and written skills
- Personable, fun, team oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven ability to manage own workload and operate autonomously
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language
- Energetic – we make change happen
- Curious - we are eager to question, know and learn
- Challenging - we question ourselves and others to find a better way
- Collaborative – working together brings high performance
- Optimistic - we believe in our ability to succeed
- Innovative - we are forward thinking and original
To apply to this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV with the subject line: